Monday, June 26, 2017

Reunited By Danger by Carol J. Post



  • Paperback: 368 pages
  • Publisher: Love Inspired Suspense; Large Print edition (September 5, 2017)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0373216378
  • ISBN-13: 978-0373216376

About the Book:

Fifth book in the Cedar Key Series
When a former classmate is murdered at Detective Caleb Lyons’s ten-year high school reunion, he knows the victim’s old group of friends are keeping secrets. That includes Cedar Key, Florida, police officer Amber Kingston. 
Back in school, Amber was headed for trouble, but now she’s as dedicated to the law as he is. As he works overtime to get the pretty cop to open up to him, Amber and her friends receive messages threatening payback for past deeds. And her friends keep dying…one by one. 
But protecting Amber and unmasking a murderer isn’t just the widowed detective’s shot at redemption—it’s his unexpected second chance at love.
My Thoughts:

This is our goodbye to the fictional town of Cedar Key, and I'm a bit saddened the series is ending.  Carol J. Post has imagined a community I wouldn't mind living in...except for all of the dead bodies that drop!  With "Reunited By Danger", Post ends her five book series on a very high note.

I love novels with lots of characters, and I love stories about high school reunions.  I'd rather read about them than attend one (which I have never done), and this reunion story is one of the best.  Amber and Caleb are well developed characters, and the sweet romance that blossoms has a realistic feel.

I have to admit, I figured out who the murderer was fairly early in the story, but I was fascinated by how the plot unfolded.  Post has a vivid imagination when it comes to murder, and that's a very good thing to have!  I loved every single page of "Reunited By Danger".

My thanks to Carol J. Post for my advance copy with no obligation or services provided in exchange.  "Reunited By Danger" gets my 'packs a punch' vote, and you can pre-order your copy now.  "Reunited By Danger" releases in September 2017, but don't  waste your time while you wait!  I highly recommend getting caught up by reading the four previous books in the Cedar Key series:

No Safe Harbor, Shattered Haven, Hidden Identity, and Mistletoe Justice.  Until next time...

Mark Your Place, 

Deena

0 comments:

 

Just One More Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon