Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Joyful Inspirations Coloring Book by Robin Mead





  • Paperback: 96 pages
  • Publisher: FaithWords; Clr Csm edition (April 5, 2016)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1455539341
  • ISBN-13: 978-1455539345

About the Book:

Color uplifting depictions of God's creation--from blossoming gardens to smiling children--and vibrant cityscapes, with illustrated scripture and quotes to inspire and encourage.

Do you delight in spying cheerful birds outside your window? Are you awed by God's creativity as your eyes scan the fields alongside a road of quiet beauty? If your soul craves more moments like these, you'll experience endless joy through coloring the intricate pictures and illustrated scripture in this book. Excite your creativity by filling in creatively rendered cities, gardens, and seas. Reinvigorate your spirit through the uplifting messages of these pages. As you do, you'll feel happily reminded that God is ever-present and looking out for you, because His love touches everything and everyone. 

My Thoughts:

I've never been a person to jump on a new 'fad' (and I use that term for lack of a better one), so when the adult coloring books began popping up, I was skeptical.  To me, coloring was coloring, so I didn't get it. Eventually I dipped my creative toes in the water that was flooding the shelves of bookstores everywhere, trying to find out the fascination.

And those books sit dusty on my shelves.  For me, it wasn't relaxing, stress-free, and chill.  Instead, I was stressing out over all of the little tiny white spaces, trying to select the appropriate colors, and so I decided to pass.

Then my friends at FaithWords sent me a complimentary copy of "Joyful Inspirations Coloring Book" by Robin Mead, with no obligation or services promised in return.  Let me just state a fact that will illustrate my opinion:

I've completed four coloring pages, and yesterday I realized, for the first time in forever...I was so chill, so relaxed, and so content.  So, yeah, I get it now.  And I'm going to watching for more designs from Robin Mead!

My one quibble is the facial expressions on her characters---a bit too cheesy for me.  I've flipped past those pages in favor of the flowers, water scenes, and church buildings.  But that's it.  My only issue. So, I've got some coloring to do.  Until the next book pops up...

Mark Your Place,

Deena

0 comments:

 

Just One More Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon