Wednesday, May 3, 2017

True to You by Becky Wade



  • Series: A Bradford Sisters Romance
  • Paperback: 384 pages
  • Publisher: Bethany House Publishers (May 2, 2017)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0764219367
  • ISBN-13: 978-0764219368

About the Book:

Exciting Start of a Brand-New Series by a Contemporary Romance Fan Favorite 
After a devastating heartbreak three years ago, genealogist and historical village owner Nora Bradford has decided that burying her nose in her work and her books is far safer than romance in the here and now.

Unlike Nora, former Navy SEAL and Medal of Honor recipient John Lawson is a modern-day man, usually 100 percent focused on the present. But when he's diagnosed with an inherited condition, he's forced to dig into the secrets of his past and his adoption as an infant, enlisting Nora to help him uncover the identity of his birth mother. 

The more time they spend together, the more this pair of opposites suspects they just might be a perfect match. However, John's already dating someone and Nora's not sure she's ready to trade her crushes on fictional heroes for the risks of a real relationship. Finding the answers they're seeking will test the limits of their identity, their faith, and their devotion to one another.


My Thoughts:

Wow!  This is completely different from Becky Wade's previous series, but in a very, very good way.  Wade digs deeper and mines powerful emotion with "True To You", so pack up the tissues!  You're going to need'em!

Nora is adorable in her social awkwardness.  I adore her, and I'm eager to get to know her sisters, but I doubt any of them can top her in personality and cuteness.

John is a truly tortured soul, but your heart goes out to him.  It touched a huge nerve with me as I am adopted as well, but never had a desire or need to do a search for my birth father.  Traveling along on his journey was intense, and I was cheering him along.

This series moves up another level and I didn't think Becky Wade could craft a story any better than her previous series...she was at the top of her game and a 'must read' author.  But "True To You" shows even more incredible talent, and I'm excited to see what is next for the Bradford sisters.

"True To You" gets my "Oh, The Feels!" mark, and suggesting you get your copy now.  I'm grateful for my complimentary advance copy from Bethany Publishing with no obligation or service promised.  Until the next book...
Mark Your Place, 

Deena

0 comments:

 

Just One More Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon