Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Mark of the Raven by Morgan L. Busse




  • Series: Ravenwood Saga (Book 1)
  • Hardcover: 352 pages
  • Publisher: Bethany House Publishers (November 6, 2018)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0764232827
  • ISBN-13: 978-0764232824


About the Book:

Lady Selene is the heir to the Great House of Ravenwood and to a powerful ability. But it comes with a dark secret. T

Tasked with assassinating the man who can destroy her family and the only one who can bring peace to the nation she must choose between justice and honor or legacy and power. 

Is she willing to pay the price for the path she chooses?

My Review:

Oh. My. Word.

Where's the next book? I need it...STAT!

Morgan L. Busse has crafted a world to rival any other world of high fantasy. 'Mark of the Raven' is crisp, sharp, and exquisite. The characters are richly detailed and full of life.   I felt for Lady Selene and her struggle to find her true place in the world.  And I mourned right along with Lord Damien as he grieved the loss of his family.


The world of the seven great houses is sweepingly epic, and rock solid in its creation.  Busse adds subtle nuances that give the story a depth that makes it a true high fantasy fiction that belongs next to Tolkien, Lewis, and Rowling--only hers is better than Potter!

Be prepared to get lost within the pages of 'Mark of the Raven', and you won't want to leave...well, maybe after you meet Selene's mother and sister you might want to depart...but it will be with great reluctance, trust me!

This one book I know I'll never forget. Ever.

Now...about that sequel....


I'm extremely pleased to highly, highly recommend 'Mark of the Raven' to you.  Whether you love fantasy fiction or it's not your taste, this is a book you do not want to miss.

Until the next read,

Deena


* I was provided a complimentary advanced copy of this book from the author and volunteered for the opportunity to provide an honest, impartial review. I was not required to write a positive review, and all thoughts and opinions I have expressed are entirely my own.

0 comments:

 

Just One More Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon