Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Things I Never Told You by Beth K. Vogt



  • Series: Thatcher Sisters
  • Paperback: 432 pages
  • Publisher: Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. (May 8, 2018)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1496427246
  • ISBN-13: 978-1496427243

About the Book:

It’s been ten years since Payton Thatcher’s twin sister died in an accident, leaving the entire family to cope in whatever ways they could. No longer half of a pair, Payton reinvents herself as a partner in a successful party-planning business and is doing just fine―as long as she manages to hold her memories and her family at arm’s length.

But with her middle sister Jillian’s engagement, Payton’s party-planning skills are called into action. Which means working alongside her opinionated oldest sister, Johanna, who always seems ready for a fight. They can only hope that a wedding might be just the occasion to heal the resentment and jealousy that divides them . . . until a frightening diagnosis threatens Jillian’s plans and her future. As old wounds are reopened and the family faces the possibility of another tragedy, the Thatchers must decide if they will pull together or be driven further apart.


My Thoughts:

A good writer hooks you with the first line.

A great writer holds your attention until the very end.

An excellent writer captures your heart and draws you into the story.

Beth K. Vogt is a gifted writer: hooking you, holding you, drawing you, and ultimately changing you.

Things I Never Told You is a tale of four sisters, relationships, and secrets. Dynamics, dysfunction, and destruction transform into hope, healing, and wholeness. More than anything else, this is the story Beth was born to tell.


But, man!  This must have been excruciating to write!  The sisterly drama is so authentic I could hear the echoes of my own daughters' voices in the dialogue.  And, having grown up with two very older, very different sisters, I felt drawn into the story in a way that often had me in tears.

That's a good thing, by the way!


Fair warning, reading friends!  Buckle up for "The Thatcher Sisters" series...it's going to be a bumpy ride...but such an enjoyable and, dare I say it, a healing one for many of us?  "Things I Never Told You" gets five out of five stars from me.

Now I'm off to make sure my journals haven't been read by you-know-who (her name begins with Beth!)

Thank you to the publisher for my advance copy, with no services provided in exchange.


Until the next page turns, 

Deena

0 comments:

 

Just One More Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon