Thursday, May 10, 2018

The Story Peddler by Lindsay A. Franklin



  • Series: The Weaver Trilogy (Book 1)
  • Paperback: 336 pages
  • Publisher: Enclave (May 1, 2018)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1683701364
  • ISBN-13: 978-1683701361

About the Book:

Selling stories is a deadly business

Tanwen doesn't just tell stories--she weaves them into crystallized sculptures that sell for more than a few bits. But the only way to escape the control of her cruel mentor and claw her way from poverty is to set her sights on something grander: becoming Royal Storyteller to the king.

During her final story peddling tour, a tale of treason spills from her hands, threatening the king himself. Tanwen goes from peddler to prey as the king's guard hunts her down...and they're not known for their mercy. As Tanwen flees for her life, she unearths long-buried secrets and discovers she's not the only outlaw in the empire. There's a rebel group of weavers...and they're after her too.

My Thoughts:

Hmmm. How to describe this book...

Exquisite. Enchanting. Epic. 

Prepare to be swept away to the land of Tire as you meet author Lindsay A. Franklin's band of merry characters in The Story Peddler. Lindsay Franklin, like her heroine Tamwen does, paints vividly with her words.

You'll fall in love with each imaginary person. . .unless he or she is a villain--those you will despise! You will see magical things unlike any you've seen before, and you will believe. 

Tanwen is an apprentice story peddler with vast dreams and goals. With no parents to raise her, she's 'adopted' by Brac and his family. Her adventure begins with a story, woven in bright colors that pour from her fingertips. 

As I was reading I kept thinking The Story Peddler would make an excellent movie. Then I realized Franklin was painting pictures and scenes in my heart, and I already had my movie in my hands. 

I'd still love to see everyone on the big screen, though.

The names of the characters are so whimsical and unique, and I'm astonished at the magic that resides in Lindsay Franklin! 

And the creatures! Fluff-hoppers, slap-happy and harried hedge-nibblers, and mountainbeasts, oh my! 

Then all of the rich colors of the. ..whoops! Almost gave a spoiler!

The descriptions are lush and rich, the characters are leaping off the page, and the story itself rivals Lewis and his wardrobe. I was captivated from the first page and I mourned turning the last page. 

I can hardly wait for the next book!

The Story Peddler is a 'must keep' tale, and Lindsay A. Franklin is a 'must read' author. Get The Story Peddler on pre-order now, because it just may sell out -- it's that good! 

I received an advance copy from the publisher, with no services or obligations promised in return.  But I loved it so much, I purchased a Kindle copy AND a paperback!!!  Giving this one five out of five stars!

Until the next page turns, 

Deena

0 comments:

 

Just One More Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon