Thursday, May 4, 2017

Local Poet by Paul Trembling



  • Paperback: 176 pages
  • Publisher: Lion Fiction (March 27, 2017)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1782642307
  • ISBN-13: 978-1782642305

About the Book:

Rob Seaton killed a woman.

Rob doesn't know Laney Grey. But when she deliberately steps out in front of his van and dies on impact, his life will never be the same.

Now Rob is driven to know who she was, why she chose to die, and why he had to be part of her death.

To understand her, he must read her poetry.

To know her, he must unravel the mysteries of her past. 

As Laney's dark secret starts to come to light, and Rob's innocence is questioned, he must learn the full truth.

But truth comes at a cost. Will Rob be the one who has to pay the price?

My Thoughts:

These days, there's nothing better than a quick read, and "Local Poet" fits the bill at just under 200 pages.  Life is busy, and reading, while enjoyable, takes time.  So, how does "Local Poet" do?

It's a pretty good read!  Obviously a UK novel and author, but I like the unique turn of phrase and the flavor of Great Britain.  Trembling has a knack for crafting a character you can connect with quickly, and a mystery that will keep you guessing.

I was pleasantly surprised, and I would have completely missed out on this little gem of a mystery without my friends at Lion Hudson and Kregel Publishing sending me a complimentary copy, with no services or commitments offered in return.

If you love a good mystery and you're looking for a story that is brief but packed with intrigue and mystery, pick up a copy of "Local Poet".  Even better, this is the start of a SERIES, and I'm eager for "Local Artist" to make its way to my bookshelf.

"Local Poet" is getting my "One to Watch", and I'll be keeping a lookout for the next book.  Until then...

Mark Your Place,

Deena

0 comments:

 

Just One More Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon