Thursday, May 18, 2017

I'll Be There by Susan May Warren




  • File Size: 2094 KB
  • Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
  • Publisher: SDG Publishing (May 16, 2017)
  • Publication Date: May 16, 2017
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
  • Language: English

About the Book:

From a USA Today bestselling and RITA-award winning author, a novel uniting two beloved series:

Smokejumper Conner Young can't wait to marry the woman who's stood by him for three years as he fought fires in the forests of the northwest. The only wound in the weekend is the lack of his best man--a brother whose murder is still unsolved. It's unfinished business that haunts him, keeping him from truly moving on.

Liza Beaumont, long time Deep Haven artist is a survivor of a brutal grizzly attack. Struggling with nightmares, she's not sure she's ready to join Conner's world. He's a hero, yes, but his life is rife with danger and stress and frankly she's not sure she has the courage to be the wife of a man who may not come home again. 

When Liza's wedding invitation unearths a witness in his brother's murder, Conner's hope of solving the case is reignited. Suddenly, it's a choice between showing up to help Liza knit together their perfect day--or tracking down his brother's killer. But when his investigation finds its way to Deep Haven, and Liza's life is threatened, there may not be a wedding at all.

What happens when the smokejumpers from Montana Fire come to Deep Haven? Sparks, fire and hopefully...a happy ending.


My Thoughts:

I have committed myself to make it through an entire Susan May Warren book without one teardrop falling.  I doubt it will happen, but I'm going to give it my best effort.  For "I'll Be There", I almost BROKE my record for number of tears shed...and it is a NOVELLA!

Oh, my heart!

In "I'll Be There", Warren blends the two worlds we love: the very familiar Deep Haven and the new Montana Rescue series.  We finally reach the culmination of the love story of Conner and Eliza, with a few twists and turns along the way.  With Warren, the course of love does not EVER run smooth, but oh, the lessons we learn through these pages of fiction!

I really don't like doing this, because it's a bit like telling which of your children is your favorite.  I have a multitude of talented, gifted authors that I adore and are on my 'must read' list.  I love them so much I don't even have to know what their latest book is about, I just know I. Must. Read. It. Now.

But I have a bit of extra special love for Susan May Warren and her craft.  She just has a way of pulling things out of my soul that I didn't even know I had lodged in there, forcing me gently to look at them, and then nudging me to hand them over to the Father.  And she does it with finesse, laughter, insight, and imaginary people that I truly wish were real.


"I'll Be There" is an emotional, exciting reading experience, but be prepared with tissues in hand and your heart hammering away in your chest as you dive into her latest literary offering.  Personally?  I can barely wait for her next release, "A Matter of Trust", but "I'll Be There" definitely helped a bit with the waiting. Well, it would have if I hadn't plowed through the pages like a madwoman!

"I'll Be There" gets my "Oh, The Feels" award, and I purchased a digital copy from Amazon.com (currently this title is only available in electronic format).  Until the next book...

Mark Your Place, 

Deena

0 comments:

 

Just One More Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon