Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Restoring Christmas by Cynthia Ruchti


  • Hardcover: 240 pages
  • Publisher: Worthy Inspired (October 18, 2016)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1617957070
  • ISBN-13: 978-1617957079

About the Book:

Alexis Blake has one chance to land her own show on the Home Project Network and nothing, not an uncooperative client, a job site without indoor plumbing, or a challenging videographer, is going to stand in her way. 

Elsie, at seventy-plus, is far from the ideal client, but she knows exactly what she wants her fieldstone house to look like, and no designer can tell her otherwise. 

Gabe Langley, the man with the camera, is caught in the middle and it is his wisdom and warmth that just may be the bridge that will bring these two women together. Can they restore more than just a house and bring about special, almost lost forever Christmas memories?

My Thoughts:

Oops, I did it again!  I read another Christmas story in October, but I couldn't help myself.  I mean, Cynthia Ruchti, people!  She's one of the very best, and holiday reading...had to do it, I tell you!

From the moment I met the crusty curmudgeon Elsie (curmudgeoness?) I was in love.  Sure, she had a tough exterior, but I just knew a soft and tender heart lurked beneath her stuck-in-the-muddyness.  I just didn't want her hand's off demeanor to discourage Alexis.

Alexis had the right idea, just the wrong motivation.  Enter Gabe Langley, tour guide to the proper motivation and outlook on Christmas.  I loved his ability to turn everyday events into something holy and magical about the birth of Christ.

"Restoring Christmas" is about more than just finding the joy in the holiday once again.  Cynthia has crafted a shining reminder to find Christmas all around us, all throughout the year.  I really enjoyed this one, and I know you will, too!

"Restoring Christmas" is available from booksellers everywhere.  I received an advance copy via NetGalley with no obligation and for the purpose of reviewing,   I'm giving this one my "Oh, The Feels" award, and until the next book review...

Mark Your Place,

Deena

0 comments:

 

Just One More Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon