Wednesday, October 5, 2016

A Time To Speak by Nadine Brandes



  • Series: Out of Time
  • Paperback: 472 pages
  • Publisher: Gilead Publishing (October 16, 2015)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1621840557
  • ISBN-13: 978-1621840558

About The Book:

What happens when you live longer than you wanted to?

Parvin Blackwater wanted to die, but now she's being called to be a leader. The only problem is, no one wants to follow.

The Council uses Jude's Clock-matching invention to force "new-and-improved" Clocks on the public. Those who can't afford one are packed into boxcars like cattle and used for the Council's purposes.

Parvin and Hawke find themselves on a cargo ship of Radicals headed out to sea. What will the Council do to them? And why are people suddenly dying before their Clocks have zeroed-out?

My Thoughts:

I've been reading my way through "A Time To Speak" slowly.  I read a few chapters, then I take a break.  I read a little more, take another break.  I can't force myself to read straight through.  I just can't.  Bet you're wondering why...

...because it's so incredibly good!  It's so good, it's real.  And it's intense.  And it's hard to read...

...because I can feel everything I read.  I can believe all of this is really happening.  And it isn't good.  It really isn't good.  It's dark.  It's intense.  It's very realistic.

And it's some of the best dystopian-world writing I've encountered in some time.  In fact, I'm going to take it one step further...Nadine Brandes defines dystopian literature.  I have to warn you: she will take you places you will not want to go.

But you need to go there.  You need to see what life is like when the government gains full control.  You need to understand the power of the people when we come together for shalom, and for what is right.  This could be one of the most important trilogies you might ever read.

Oh, yeah.  A third book is coming. For now, I'm giving "A Time To Speak" my "One For The Ages".  No, scratch that...my "For Such A Time As This" award.  Until the third novel releases...

Mark Your Place,

Deena

0 comments:

 

Just One More Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon