Monday, September 11, 2017

Deadly Proof by Rachel Dylan



Series: Atlanta Justice (Book 1)
  • Paperback: 320 pages
  • Publisher: Bethany House Publishers (September 5, 2017)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0764219804
  • ISBN-13: 978-0764219801

About the Book:

In the biggest case of her career, attorney Kate Sullivan is tapped as lead counsel to take on Mason Pharmaceutical because of a corporate cover-up related to its newest drug. After a whistleblower dies, Kate knows the stakes are much higher than her other lawsuits.

Former Army Ranger turned private investigator Landon James is still haunted by mistakes made while serving overseas. Trying to forget the past, he is hired by Kate to look into the whistleblower's allegation and soon suspects that the company may be engaging in a dangerous game for profit. He also soon finds himself falling for this passionate and earnest young lawyer. 

Determined not to make the same mistakes, he's intent on keeping Kate safe, but as the case deepens, it appears someone is willing to risk everything--even murder--to keep the case from going to trial.

My Thoughts:

This is my first time reading a Rachel Dylan novel, and I guarantee it will not be the last! I'm a HUGE fan of legal suspense, reading every Randy Singer book along with Robert Whitlow's legal thrillers. In my opinion, Dylan has earned a place on my "must read list".

The story kicks into high gear on page one and holds you in its white-knuckle grip until the final page turns. In fact, it's been a very long time since I've devoured a book in one sitting. There's just no way to put this one down. Plus, right when I knew I had it all figured out, Rachel Dylan schooled me in the art of the red herring...also known as the bait and switch.

Which, for me, is not an easy thing to do. Please, don't miss this outstanding novel.
 I'm giving "Deadly Proof" my "Oh, the Feels!" and "Packs a Punch!" stamps of approval.


Until the next page turns,

Deena

0 comments:

 

Just One More Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon