Thursday, June 8, 2017

The Parables of Jesus Coloring Book Devotional by Laura James and Katara Washington Patton






  • Paperback: 192 pages
  • Publisher: FaithWords; Clr Csm edition (January 3, 2017)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1455596426
  • ISBN-13: 978-1455596423

About the Book:

Worship with art as you color-in 46 stunning illustrations based on the parables of Jesus, each with a corresponding devotion and prompts for spiritual reflection and artistic exercise.

God's creativity is everywhere. It's mirrored by His creation--even evident in the illustrative teachings of His Son. This stunning book of 46 soulful, colorable pictures is based on the parables of Jesus. Color the parables, be immersed in their valuable lessons in a unique way, engaging your own creativity, and strengthen your faith.

Also included are 46 uplifting devotions, one related to each parable, and 46 thought-provoking prompts for meaningful reflection and artistic expression. These pages provide worshipful exercises to inspire the artist in you, with space for illustrated prayer and journaling.

My Thoughts:

Another complimentary copy of a coloring book for grown-ups from FaithWords in my treasure box, with no services or obligations offered in return.  "The Parables of Jesus" is a combination of a devotional and coloring book.  Each coloring design is preceded by a devotional from the Gospels, focusing on one of Jesus' parables.

I loved the devotionals for the most part.  However, Lazarus and the rich man isn't a parable.  This story is set apart because Jesus didn't refer to his teaching as a parable with His usual key word choices, and He also referred to the poorer of the two men as Lazarus--never done in any other parable.  So that bugged me--big time.

And as for the coloring pages, I'm picky.  I'm ultra-picky.  So I didn't care for these pages.  The faces were a bit creepy for me, and nearly every design included a drawing of an person--so I didn't find anything that made me want to bust out my pencils.

BUT, I'm ultra-ultra picky about my coloring books, so take a peek at some sample pages before you decide on "The Parables of Jesus" coloring book and devotional.  Until the next book...

Mark Your Place,

Deena

0 comments:

 

Just One More Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon