Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Authors NOT to Read Before Bed


So, this probably looks like a really mean-spirited top ten list.  I mean, I'm urging you to avoid these authors if you are looking for a book to help you relax before falling asleep.  Instead, think of this as a public service announcement to help you avoid a sleepless night.

Because I'm just that kind and thoughtful, here are my Top Ten Authors to Avoid Just Before Bedtime:

1) Susan May Warren: she's my favorite "just one more" chapter author

2) Irene Hannon: just enough bread crumbs to keep you flipping pages to the very end

3) Melissa Tagg: you won't be able to leave your characters in the emotional tangle while you get some zzz's

4) Serena Chase: whether it's her outstanding high fantasy or her contemporary YA novel, she creates a world you'll be reluctant to leave, even when the book ends

5) Ronie Kendig: last time I checked, adrenaline rushes are not conducive to a peaceful drift off to sleep

6) Steven James: good luck turning out the lights with the plot points of a criminal procedural swimming around in your brain matter

7) Katie Ganshert: you'll be so busy praying for these precious imaginary people that you won't be able to close your eyes to sleep until you know they are safe and sound in the arms of God

8) Sara Ella:  I mean, I've only read her debut novel, but I have a sense about this author....and it's a great one!

9) Christy Barritt:  Last time I checked, reading and laughing doesn't blend with sleeping and snoring...and then there are those chills and thrills she throws in for good measure

10) Candace Calvert, Lynette Eason, Terri Blackstock, Janice Cantore, Dee Henderson, Liz Johnson, Becky Wade, Kathryn Cushman....what?  Did you think I'd stop with just 10??

Well, I feel good now that you've been warned.  If you're looking for a couple of chapters to help you drift off to sleep, may I suggest War and Peace?  Definitely not this list of outstanding storytellers...unless you tend to fall asleep at 2 a.m....so, until next time...

Mark Your Place,

Deena

1 comments:

Andi said...

Uh I'd have to agree with all of the above!!!

 

Just One More Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon