Friday, September 30, 2016

Keep Holding On by Melissa Tagg



  • Series: Walker Family
  • Paperback: 346 pages
  • Publisher: Larkspur Press (September 2, 2016)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0997964200
  • ISBN-13: 978-0997964202

About the Book:

Swoon-worthy Romance. Small-town Charm. Best friends reunite in Tagg's latest novel of second chances and enduring love. 

Beckett Walker hasn't stepped foot in Maple Valley in years. There's no getting past the painful memories, and there's every chance he'll be arrested as soon as he shows his face. Which is exactly what happens when he finally returns. Suddenly his dream of adventure as a military lawyer comes skidding to a halt. 

Horticulturist Kit Danby has spent too much time missing home and her childhood best friend--Beckett Walker. Now she might have a shot at reclaiming both. After years of living abroad, she returns to run her family's apple orchard. She has one season to turn a profit and impress the father she barely knows. But she can't do it alone. 

It should be simple: Beckett needs community service hours. Kit needs a helping hand. But there's more at stake than either of them planned. With a tangled past and futures that look nothing alike, they'll have to find a way to weather the storms of the present . . . or risk losing everything.

My Thoughts:

Remind me never to start reading a book by Melissa just before bed...please.  I was up until the wee hours, desperately praying for Beckett and Kit...and. They. Aren't. Real.  Once the tears started they rolled until the final page was turned.

And then I wanted to go back to the beginning and read their story all over again.  Oh.  My.  Word.

I've been reading Melissa's books since her debut, "Made To Last", and she was on my watch list from page one.  But her Walker series...she seriously rivals Susan May Warren for passion and realism and heart with her imaginary cast of characters.

Please don't make me pick a favorite.  I fall head over heels for each of the Walker siblings with each book.  But what she put Case, the patriarch, through in this book...oh, the feels!  The stage is set for daughter Raegan Walker...and I already know that one will be a four or five hanky read.  

I'm hoping our feisty barista gets at least a novella before the series concludes, and it would be nice for Case to find love as well.  I cannot get enough of the Walker family, and Melissa Tagg is on a must read list forever with me.  For now, "Keep Holding On" gets my "Oh, The Feels!" award.

Mark Your Place,

Deena

0 comments:

 

Just One More Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon