Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Lone Witness by Rachel Dylan



  • Series: Atlanta Justice (Book 2)
  • Paperback: 320 pages
  • Publisher: Bethany House Publishers (May 1, 2018)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0764219812
  • ISBN-13: 978-0764219818

About the Book:

Prosecutor Sophie Dawson's first job in the White Collar division of the Fulton County D.A.'s office is to build a case against a local bank employee who may be cheating clients. But when circumstances beyond her control leave her as the only witness to a double homicide involving a vengeful gang, her world is turned upside down.

Former Atlanta police officer turned private security guard Cooper Knight is hired to ensure that Sophie is kept safe. But as threats escalate, they don't know who they can trust. 

Sophie is determined not to back down, but her bank case gets more complicated by the day, and the gang will stop at nothing to keep her from testifying. Sophie wants to take a stand for what's right--but can Cooper, who is determined not to be distracted by their growing attraction, keep her safe so that she can finish her pursuit for justice?

My Thoughts:

"Lone Witness" is the second novel in Dylan's 'Atlanta Justice' series.  I was very impressed with the first novel in this brand new series, and I was excited to read her second novel.  Would it live up to its predecessor?

I'm please to say it most DEFINITELY lived up to the first story, and even had a bit more intensity!  Rachel Dylan has cemented a spot on my 'must read' list of authors with her legal suspense tales, and I can highly recommend her books to you, my reading friend.

Suspense/mystery is my all-time favorite genre, so I have read a lot of novels filled with twists and turns.  Dylan's novels feel fresh and new because she has a knack for framing the most interesting and unique legal situations and fills the story with believable characters that hit you immediately in the feels.

I thoroughly enjoyed "Lone Witness" and I'm eager for more!  I received a copy of the book from the publisher with no services offered in exchange.  "Lone Witness" gets four out of five stars from me!

Until the next page turns, 

Deena

0 comments:

 

Just One More Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon