Thursday, April 12, 2018

Fierian by Ronie Kendig



  • Series: Abiassa's Fire (Book 3)
  • Paperback: 496 pages
  • Publisher: Enclave (March 13, 2018)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1683701062
  • ISBN-13: 978-1683701064

About the Book:

  • Abiassa's people fall. Her Fierian dwindles. Her Deliverers wait as Poired Dyrth marches unchecked through the Nine Kingdoms. He's taken the Embers of countless Accelerants. He's taken Zaethien and Hetaera, the mightiest cities of the Nine. He's taken the blood of the royal family. Now Dyrth is after Haegan's power--the Fierian's power. And after that, he wants the world.

    He will not take it unopposed. Battered and outnumbered, the remnant of the Nine forge new alliances, make friends of enemies, and prepare to stand against the last great press of evil. In faith, they wait. The Fierian will come.

    War raging without and within, Abiassa's people face their greatest need. But before the Fierian can fulfill his destiny, he has to defeat the enemy in his own mind.

My Thoughts:

I'm going to try my best to do this book and the series justice here, so please bear with me. 

I'm not a huge fan of the fantasy genre. It takes a story that is so mindbendingly epic to hold my attention, and such treasures are rare and precious finds.

I can count the number of such series' on less than two hands. But Abiassa's Fire and Fierian give me hope for more. 

When I do discover such a novel, I get swept up into the world the author has created. I become completely invested in the outcome of the tale and the well being of the characters. 

When I finished Tolkien's masterpiece series, I sobbed. It was over, and I didn't want to leave. When I finished Lewis' time-tested set of magical journeys through the wardrobe, I felt lost in the real world, having dwelled in Narnia for hundreds of pages.

As I turned the final page of Fierian, I wept. Both with joy because I finally knew how everything ends, and with sorrow, because I had to step out of that world and back into mine.

What Ronie Kendig accomplished with her military suspense is outstanding. But what she has done with Abiassa's Fire is masterful. From powerful description to realistic fantasy dialogue, to memorable imaginary friends and a completely unheard of premise (the ability to wield fire? I mean, c'mon, that alone is mindbendingly fantabulous!)...

Kendig has crafted high fantasy of the highest caliber. I truly believe that Abiassa's Fire was Kendig's destiny, that she was born to craft this series. 

Fierian caps off an epic, sweeping high fantasy trilogy that leaves the reader both satisfied and wanting more. . .just one more chapter, just one more moment spent in this incredible world. 

I can hardly wait to see what Ronie Kendig dreams up next. I just know it will be epic.


Until the next page turns, 

Deena

0 comments:

 

Just One More Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon