Wednesday, October 18, 2017

The One Year Experiencing God's Love Devotional by Sandra Byrd





  • Paperback: 400 pages
  • Publisher: Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. (October 3, 2017)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1496413180
  • ISBN-13: 978-1496413185

About the Book:

When was the last time you took a break to experience God’s love?
To experience something is to live it, to encounter it, to understand it, to explore with our hearts, minds, and souls as well as with the five physical senses and our God-given spiritual ones. Every action we do with and for God, every good day and bad day, we walk hand-in-hand with God, experiencing Him.

Experiencing God’s love takes time. Love unfurls its blossoms in our lives when we concentrate all of our senses on the small gifts we pass by every day. Time slows, and we finally get to hear God’s beautiful background hum to our lives.

The One Year Experiencing God’s Love Devotional helps you intentionally carve out those moments in your day to savor God and his love for you.

My Thoughts:

I've been noticing a trend in inspirational non-fiction books for women lately. Many of them have titles or subheadings that have revealed that God knows we're hurting down here. All you have to do is read the headlines, or sit in your seat in church and look around you.

God's daughters are hurting, and He knows.

That's why "The One Year Experiencing God's Love Devotional" by Sandra Byrd is on my favorite reads shelf. You cannot walk away from your daily reading in this gorgeous book without knowing two things: God loves You, and He sees you.

Sometimes, those two thoughts are the only reasons I can persuade myself to get out of bed and greet another day. Yes, I realize that on the surface, that sounds like I'm defeated. But read it again. Knowing God loves me and sees me gives me the strength, the courage, the hope, the joy, the determination, the drive, the focus, the peace, the passion, the (fill in the blank) to face another 24 hours here on Earth.

That's powerful. And there's abundant power in this devotional. So, if you can only afford one book to inspire you, give you hope, and to remind you about how rich the Father's love is for YOU, make it this one.

So, I'm giving "The One Year Experiencing God's Love Devotional" my "For Such a Time" stamp of approval.  Thank you to Tyndale Publishing for my copy with no services or obligations promised in return.

Until the next page turns,

Deena

0 comments:

 

Just One More Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon